1/4 Photos of Smoked Salmon Burger (Tomato, Red Onion and Avocado)
The Jun-Aug Icelandic fishing season begins in a few dys & this versatile recipe by Dumont Monte from his cookbook simply titled *Salmon* will be among the 1st I try when our supply of smoked salmon is replenished in our freezer. While not a burger in the traditional sense as it is not cooked -- it is definitely an easy-fix that is ideal for light lunch fare & is ingredient-friendly for a to-go occasion, camping or fishing trip + cold food patio party. As written, the recipe gives both metric + US measurements & I entered it that way as well. (This is a *No Cook* recipe, but 15 min was allowed for ingredient prep & 5 min for assembly) *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small avocado (ripe)
- 1 lemon, juice of (reserve 1 tsp for later use)
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche (may sub sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 180 g smoked salmon (6 oz, may sub smoked trout)
- 4 rolls (crisp, approx 4-in round)
- lettuce leaf (chiccory was suggested) (optional)
- 1Slice the cherry tomatoes & thinly slice the red onion. Halve the avocado, peel & remove the stone.
- 2Using a hand blender, puree 1 avocado half w/the larger measure of lemon juice, crème fraîche & mayo. Season to taste w/salt & pepper.
- 3Slice the other avocado half & sprinkle w/the smaller measure of lemon juice. Thinly slice the smoked salmon.
- 4ASSEMBLY: Cut the rolls in half & spread each w/an equal amt of the pureed avocado mixture. Arrange equal amts of the lettuce leaves (if using), cherry tomatoes, red onion & smoked salmon on each roll. Top w/the other half of the rolls & serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Burger (Tomato, Red Onion and Avocado)
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 699.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g