Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Bon Appetit. It is incredibly delicious, easy to make and very impressive.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (small)
- 10 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated (about 8 ounces)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, chilled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Butter 13x9 baking dish.
- Arrange broccoli and half of green onions evenly over bottom of dish. Sprinkle with smoked salmon, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese pieces and remaining half of green onions. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix eggs, milk, baking mix, salt and pepper in blender until smooth (or in bowl using beaters).
- Pour batter over salmon mixture.
- Bake casserole until just set in center, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Wow! Great stuff! We used wild salmon leftover from the night before where I smoked it for 2 hours in my smoker. The green onions are a must imho! thanks!