Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
recipe from the Australian Womans weekly Cookbook
- 20 asparagus spears, blanched
- 400 g halloumi cheese, 8 thick slices
- 400 g smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 50 g capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- arugula leaf
- Brush haloumi with oil and brown up on a hot plate until crust forms.
- Brush asparagus with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and chargrill until you get the desired effect.
- For salsa verde, place parsley, lemon juice, capers, olive oil and parmesan in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place haloumi on plate, top with rocket and asparagus.
- Spoon over some salsa verde, layer on slices of salmon and garnish with lemon wedge and drizzle over olive oil.