Recipe by jfreed
The salmon ball may be served on a variety of toasts - Melba, rounds of French bread, or mini bagels. This is a quick and pretty presentation. From "Party Receipts" from the Charleston Junior League
Top Review by Ambervim
Sophisticated. It makes me salivate when I eat it. It is definitively better when onion is placed on the carrying devise first and then some of the ball and topped with lemon or lime juice. I only had key lime from the yard. This is a must try. It does well on tortilla strips and cucumbers as well as the toast points.
- 1 (3 ounce) package smoked salmon, chopped (or Nova Lox)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (or 1 T dried dill weed)
- 1 red onion, cut into thin rings
- 3 tablespoons capers
- dill sprigs (to garnish)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salmon, cream cheese, chopped onion and dill.
- Shape into ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve: Cover serving tray with onion rings and sprinkle over capers. Place salmon ball on onion bed and capers. Garnish with dill and lemon wedge. Serve with toasts.