Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The salmon ball may be served on a variety of toasts - Melba, rounds of French bread, or mini bagels. This is a quick and pretty presentation. From "Party Receipts" from the Charleston Junior League
- 1 (3 ounce) package smoked salmon, chopped (or Nova Lox)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (or 1 T dried dill weed)
- 1 red onion, cut into thin rings
- 3 tablespoons capers
- dill sprigs (to garnish)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Combine salmon, cream cheese, chopped onion and dill.
- Shape into ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve: Cover serving tray with onion rings and sprinkle over capers. Place salmon ball on onion bed and capers. Garnish with dill and lemon wedge. Serve with toasts.
Sophisticated. It makes me salivate when I eat it. It is definitively better when onion is placed on the carrying devise first and then some of the ball and topped with lemon or lime juice. I only had key lime from the yard. This is a must try. It does well on tortilla strips and cucumbers as well as the toast points.
easy and delish!