Naked Chefess's Note:
I found this recipe in the Dec issue of BBC Goodfood.An extremely elegant starter that will grace any dinner table. Very simple yet very very tasty. The greatest advantage is that it can be prepared the night before leaving you free to enjoy time with your guests. I replaced the goats cheese which was stated in the original recipe with cream cheese as I am not very partail to goats cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly oil 8 ramekins. Line well with cling film, then the sliced salmon allowing plenty of overhang.
- 2Gently mix together the cheese, chives and avocado with the lemon juice and plenty of seasoning.
- 3Spoon mixture into the salmon -lined ramekins, press down, fold over the overlapping salmon then the cling film to seal the mixture.
- 4(Can be made the night before otherwise they should be chilled for at least 4 hours).
- 5When needed, gently unwrap the cling film, place a serving plate over the ramekin and turn over. Gently ease the ramekin and cling film from the terrines. Decorate the plate with baby salad leaves tossed in viniagrette.
- 6Drizzle the terrine and plate with sweet chilli sauce.
- 7Serve on their own or with toast.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon & Avocado Terrines
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.3
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 539.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 14.5 g