1/2 Photos of Smoked Salmon Asparagus Pinwheels (Party Sandwiches)
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
These pinwheels are absolutely delicious... don't wait for a party to make them, whip them up for a weekend brunch or evening snack! You can make these up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate. You should get around 48-50 pinwheels/sandwiches if you slice each bread roll into 8 pieces, but it will depend on how large you slice them, so servings is only estimated. Don't purchase the completely square slices of bread, purchase the sandwich loaf that is higher on the top. Plan ahead these need to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before slicing. You can also make these with fresh steamed asparagus, but I prefer the canned better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl stir together softened cream cheese and mayo; season with a pinch of cayenne pepper or to taste (if using) mix very well to combine.
- 2Remove crusts from ends of bread slices.
- 3Using a rolling pin roll out the bread slices to flatten slightly.
- 4Divide/spread the the cream cheese mixture between the 6 slices of bread.
- 5Divide and top with smoked salmon slices.
- 6Place one asparagus spread along the shorter end of each slice of bread (trim ends more if necessary to roll).
- 7Roll each slice of bread up firmly.
- 8Wrap EACH roll of bread up firmly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 9Remove from fridge, using a serrated knife, slices each roll into 6-8 pieces.
- 10Cover and refrigerate pinwheels if not serving immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Asparagus Pinwheels (Party Sandwiches)
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 103.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: