Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a super-easy salad with knock-em-dead flavours! Great for brunch or a light meal. This makes 4 appetizer or 'salad' servings, but it can serve 2 as a main course.
Top Review by sashyd
This was good! When I tasted the dressing I thought it was going to be terrible, but when it all came together it was very yummy! I think it tasted better room temp the first day than cold the second. Oh, and I had a beer with this (Blue Moon)- the lemony taste from the dish got stuck in the back of my throat for about 20 minutes and made it the most delicious beer I've ever had!
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1/2 lb) packagefresh cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion top
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk sour cream, oil, juice, Dijon, wine and pepper together.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Cook tortellini until al dente; drain.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and toss to coat.
- Add onion, onion tops, dill and capers; toss again.
- Add salmon and enough dressing to coat and toss well.
- (can be made 8 hours ahead; cover and chill.).