Recipe by I'mPat
From Super Food Ideas - looks delicious.
Top Review by Debbie R.
This was very good; it's a rich salad. Instead of water added to the mayo, I think it might be nice to add champagne vinegar to it for a little tartness.....or fresh lemon juice? I loved the crispness of the al dente green beans against the salmon and potatoes. You wouldn't think 1/3 cup of mayo would be enough, but it really is enough. PhotoTag
- 700 g potatoes (desiree unpeeled chopped)
- 150 g green beans (trimmed)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 eggs (hard boiled chopped)
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 2 (150 g) salmon (hot smoked and flaked)
- 1 tablespoon water (cold)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water and bring to the boil over high heat and then reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until tender,.
- Add beans for the last minutes and then drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, egg. eschalots and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise mixture and salmon to potato mixture and toss to combine and serve.
- Salad can be served warm or cold.