Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Omega-3, fibre and protein. Sometimes I drop a tsp of white wine vinegar into the water before I slip in the egg so it keeps together a little better.
- 4 eggs
- 170 g asparagus, halved crossways
- 4 slices rye bread, toasted
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil, leaves
- Half fill large shallow frying pan with water; bring to the boil. Break eggs into cup, one at a time, then slide into pan. When all eggs are in pan, allow water to return to the boil.
- Cover pan, turn off heat; stand about 4 minutes or until a light film sets over egg yolks. Remove eggs, one at a time, using slotted spoon; place spoon on absorbent-paper-lined saucer briefly to blot up poaching liquid.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender; drain.
- Divide bread among serving plates; top each with salmon, egg, and then asparagus; sprinkle with chervil.