Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Smoked salmon always feels indulgent and it can make even a simple recipe like an Italian style frittata feel special. I originally found this recipe in the BBC Good Food Magazine.
- Thickly slice the potatoes and cook in a pan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and leave to cool slightly.
- Cut the salmon into wide strips.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, beat with a fork until lightly foamy, then stir in the smoked salmon, dill, peas and plenty of salt and pepper. Finally, stir in the potatoes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, carefully pour in the egg mixture and cook over a fairly low heat for 10-15 minutes, until the egg is starting to set just under the surface.
- Put a plate that is slightly larger than the top of the pan on top and invert the frittata onto it.
- Slide it back into the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes to brown the underside.
- Slide on to a plate and leave to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.