The cupboards were almost bare and all that was quickly defrostable was some smoked salmon so I conjoured up this risotto recipe from a few basics and some smoked salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 red chile (chopped)
- 1 ounce butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (cut into strips)
- 4 ounces green beans (or baby asparagus)
- 4 ounces fresh peas (podded)
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1Fry the onions gently in a little olive oil but don't brown.
- 2Add garlic and chilli, fry till softened. Then add the arborio rice, thyme and butter and ensure that the rice is thoroughly coated with the butter mix, do not allow the rice to burn or brown.
- 3Add 1/2 cup dry white wine and reduce till there is just a small amount of wine left in the pan.
- 4Squeeze in the juice of half a lime and add some of the zest.
- 5On a moderate heat add one ladleful at a time of the chicken stock (made from stock cubes will suffice), stirring frequently and not allowing the mix to dry out. Keep one or two ladlefuls of the stock back for the last bit.
- 6Turn heat down to very low and add a small pack of smoked salmon sliced (about 4oz) sliced into strips, add a tiny bit more stock, then add some fine green beans or baby asparagus and some fresh peas, add last bit of stock, cook for a couple more mins until the vegetables are just cooked, with a little bit of a bite remaining and add lots of fresh chives, lots of fresh ground black pepper and 4 tbsp of creme fraiche. Stir gently.
- 7Add a final squeeze of lime juice, add parmesan, check seasoning and serve. The risotto should still be slightly wet, not sticky.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon and Lime Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (698 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 878.1
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 958.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: