Smoked Salmon and Jicama Maki Sushi
- Wash rice at least 3 times or until water is clear. Fill rice cooker or casserole with water to about 1-inch over rice.
- Slowly heat vinegar, mirin and sugar until very hot but not boiling. Fold in (vinegar and sugar) with the hot rice, add enough so that the rice has a tart/sweet taste. Rice should be shiny, not mushy.
- Carefully put rice in a clean bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Lay down nori on sushi mat and lightly pat on rice on bottom 2/3rds of nori.
- Place smoked salmon, jicama, daikon, gari and a touch of wasabi oil. Roll, moisten end and let rest.