Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very elegant starter, it makes for wonderful presentation and tastes gorgeous. I serve 2 per person as a starter but for photo purposes I arranged 3 on a plate. I also am not a big fan of salmon eggs, I don't like how big they are or the taste, so you can use salmon eggs to top, instead of my little red caviar eggs. I also know taditional guacamole is made with chopped tomato in it, but again I do not like tomatoes so I did not use them, so do please add them if you like. This takes quite some time to prepare as it is a little fiddly tying the chives around the salmon, but the final result is well worth the effort and I have always had rave reviews. Is definitately a dinner party affair.
- 8 pieces slice smoked salmon
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon guacamole spices (where I live they sell this in a spice jar just like garlic powder, so either make your own guacamol)
- 100 g fish roe (You can use salmon or what ever you prefer.)
- 8 stalks chives, make sure they are of good length
- 20 g fresh dill (to garnish)
- 1. Cut avocado in half and remove pip, spoon avocado in to a medium bowl.
- 2. Mash the avocado in a medium bowl with the tablespoon of lemon juice, mash until your likness, some people like smooth guacamole and others prefer more chunky. Add 1 tablespoon of spice and mix. At this time if you want to add chopped tomatoes, add those and mix to combine.
- Lay a tranche of salmon flat, place 1-2 teaspoons of guacamole into the centre (I say 1-2 depending on the size of the tranche.) gather salmon up, so it forms a little bundle.
- Secure the top with a strand of chive, and top with eggs, garnish with a little dill.
- To Serve: Arrange a few sprigs of dill on a small plate, arrange bundles around these. Bon Appetit.