Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A very simple recipe with gourmet taste! From Food and Wine Magazine. The flavors of the smoked salmon, Gruyere cheese and Dijon mustard complement eachother very nicely. I enjoy the hint of lemon, too. This makes a simple lunch special.
- 8 slices brioche bread
- Dijon mustard, for spreading
- 8 thin slices gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat up a panini press.
- Spread the Dijon mustard over each of 4 slices of the brioche. Top each one with 1 slice of the Gruyere. Divide all of the smoked salmon and grated lemon zest among the 4 slices of brioche. Season lightly with the salt and pepper and cover with the remaining slices on Gruyere. Close the sandwiches and grill on the panini press for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Cut the panini in half and serve!
I looked high and low for brioche bread and couldn't find it, so I used an white bread which was recommended by our baker. The flavours (gruyere cheese, smoked salmon & Dijon mustard) were delicious. Our baker had never heard of brioche bread and explained to him it was a buttery French bread, he said maybe it had a short life span and that's why I couldn't find it. :( Anyhow the panini was a delight. Thanks for posting your recipe LifeIsGood
Out of this world!Delicious!
really good cakepops on parade