Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
a quick easy appetizer
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill, plus some sprigs for garnish
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 heads Belgian endive
- 8 ounces good quality smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- mix cream cheese with next 5 ingredients.
- separate endive into leaves.
- spread cheese mixture on the base end of the endive, top with pieces of salmon.
- arrange on a platter, garnish with dill sprigs.
Oh my gosh, but this was good! I made it exactly to recipe and wouldn't change a thing. I'll be taking this to a lot of parties this summer. It was very easy and quick yet looked so elegant. Thanks for sharing it!
Chia this is a delicious appetizer. I used romaine lettuce instead of endive as I couldn't find the endive. I seemed to work just fine DH loved it. I am making it for guest this weekend. Thank you chia.
This has become a regular at many of our cocktail parties. It looks great on a table and tastes fantastic too. It is often requested by my husband's single friends, who have been know to sneak off with a doggie bag of goodies. I now double the recipe!