Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by Sardines and Eggs on Toast from CookThink.com, this Scandinavian-influenced recipe makes a good breakfast or a light lunch.
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- fresh dill, chopped
- ground pepper
- Toast the bread.
- Layer the slices of egg, salmon, and capers on top of the bread.
- Drizzle with the vinegar.
- Sprinkle with dill and pepper to taste.
Really good! I think malt vinegar would be good on this too.
Excellent combination! I used scrambled eggs, since I prefer them over hard boiled, and probably more capers. Everything blended together perfectly, and the acid really puts this over the top (I imagine lemon would work well too).
I've never had sardine and eggs on toast, but I've liked smoked salmon with eggs. I've usually had it with scrambled eggs, so this was a little different, but really very good. I made this exactly as posted and enjoyed it for my lunch. Made by a fellow Tasty Tester for ZWT9.