Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray
Make and share this Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ounces sliced smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 slices white bread
- Place eggs in a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid; add cold water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil on med-high, then turn off the heat, cover pan with lid; let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs and place them in a bowl of ice water.
- When cool, peel the eggs and finely chop in a bowl.
- To the bowl, add salmon, chives, mayo, and sour cream; mix well and season to taste w/ salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/3 of the egg salad on each of 3 slices of bread; cover with remaining bread slices.
- Trim crusts and cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
Love the taste of the salmon in the egg salad along with the slight tartiness from the sour cream and the creaminess from the mayo. I used partsley instead of chives as that is what I had and served it in wholemeal/wholegrain bread and the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you ratherbeswimmin, made for Bargain Basement.