Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Everyday with Rachael Ray
Top Review by I'mPat
Love the taste of the salmon in the egg salad along with the slight tartiness from the sour cream and the creaminess from the mayo. I used partsley instead of chives as that is what I had and served it in wholemeal/wholegrain bread and the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you ratherbeswimmin, made for Bargain Basement.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ounces sliced smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid; add cold water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil on med-high, then turn off the heat, cover pan with lid; let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs and place them in a bowl of ice water.
- When cool, peel the eggs and finely chop in a bowl.
- To the bowl, add salmon, chives, mayo, and sour cream; mix well and season to taste w/ salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/3 of the egg salad on each of 3 slices of bread; cover with remaining bread slices.
- Trim crusts and cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.