Recipe by Manami
Found this in Cooking with Paula Deen and I have been making this for a few years now. I didn't include time for cooling, that depends on each person.
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, slices
- 12 slices miniature party rye rounds or 12 slices party pumpernickel bread
- additional dill (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped eggs, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, onion and dill.
- Finely chop 3 slices of smoked salmon and stir into egg mixture.
- Reserve remaining salmon for garnish.
- Store covered in refrigerator until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread salmon mixture evenly over six slices of bread.
- Garnish with reserved salmon and fresh dill, if desired.