Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in Cooking with Paula Deen and I have been making this for a few years now. I didn't include time for cooling, that depends on each person.
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, slices
- 12 slices miniature party rye rounds or 12 slices party pumpernickel bread
- additional dill (garnish) (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped eggs, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, onion and dill.
- Finely chop 3 slices of smoked salmon and stir into egg mixture.
- Reserve remaining salmon for garnish.
- Store covered in refrigerator until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread salmon mixture evenly over six slices of bread.
- Garnish with reserved salmon and fresh dill, if desired.
Very nice and Scandinavian! The pumpernickel bread is must! I also liked more salmon and less egg, like another viewer.
I smoked a trout yesterday so I made this recipe and another similar one for dinner tonight. I increased the fish and decreased the egg to 3. We actually preferred the other recipe better - the main difference is that the other version called for dijon mustard and capers which were great additions.
Delicious lunch spread! I made this using 3/4 tsp dried dill and left out the onion, also omitted sour cream like a previous reviewer (didn't have any on hand) and used 2 tbsp cream cheese. I didn't bother to slice up the smoked salmon and mix it in the egg salad; instead, I just placed the salmon on top of the egg salad mixture. Thanks for posting, I will be enjoying this again and again!