Recipe by JustJanS
Russell made this for brunch for the two of us this morning. It is really a luxurious dish and could probably feed 3 or 4 people less greedy than us! The original recipe came from the net, but he has modified it quite a bit. I would also enjoy smaller sized pieces of this served just warm as fingerfood. Yum. Or served with a green salad for lunch. Just adding, we have made this in a round pan too, and cut into wedges (see phot) this worked really well.
Top Review by cmacooks
I was finally able to really savor this recipe. We enjoyed it with some gruyere and provolone we had on hand, and the result was delicious. Thank you for a wonderful alternative to "lox and bagels"!
- 100 g smoked salmon, flaked into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup smoked cheese, grated (we have used sliced smoked camembert, but gouda would be good)
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onions and garlic and saute about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the herbs.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together, add the smoked salmon and cooled onion/garlic mix.
- Stir well and pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with the cheese and salt and pepper and return to the oven for about 10 minutes more, or until set.
- Serve hot, topped with sour cream if you wish.