1/2 Photos of Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Frittata
This has to be the ultimate brunch! Serve sliced red onions and warm buns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions or 1/4 cup chives
- 1 pinch dried basil (can use 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 -4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, onions, basil, salt and pepper.
- 2Preheat broiler.
- 3Heat butter or oil in a 12-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat until hot.
- 4Pour egg mixture into skillet and scatter cream cheese cubes over top.
- 5Cook, lifting up cooked eggs around edges using a spatula to let the raw egg flow underneath until the frittata is set on bottom, and egg is almost set but still moist on top (about 3 minutes).
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Sprinkle salmon all over frittata, then press lightly, the shake skillet to allow salmon to settle into the top.
- 8Broil about 6 inches from heat for 1 - 1-1/2 minutes, or until set, slightly puffed and golden in spots.
- 9Cool 5 minutes, then loosen edge with spatula, and slide onto a large plate.
- 10Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.0
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 626.3 mg
- Sodium 577.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 25.2 g