Everyday with Rachael Ray. March 2008. Leftovers!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- one 14 . 5-ounce can chicken broth
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups leftover fettuccine, alfredo cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened but not brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 2Stir in the flour until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the milk and bring to a boil.
- 3Lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the fettuccine alfredo, corn and chopped dill and simmer until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the salmon and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- 6Divide the soup among 4 bowls and top with more dill.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon and Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 364.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 16.1 g