1/2 Photos of Smoked Salmon and Chopped Egg Sandwiches
ZWT7 Switzerland. Quick and Healthy Recipe by Anne Quatrano from http://www.foodandwine.com. Smoked salmon exists traditionally in many varieties, and is often served with scrambled eggs, dill, sandwiches or mustard sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons horseradish, drained
- 8 slices rye bread or 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup small mixed sprouts, such as radish or 1/4 cup alfalfa
- 2 scallions, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb sliced smoked salmon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a small saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a rolling boil.
- 2Cover, remove from the heat and let stand for 8 minutes.
- 3Drain the eggs and cool under running water, shaking the pan to crack the shells.
- 4Drain again and pat dry, then peel and coarsely chop.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and horseradish and spread on the bread.
- 6Arrange the radishes on 4 of the slices and top with the sprouts, scallions and salmon.
- 7Spoon the eggs on top, season with salt and pepper and close the sandwiches.
- 8Press gently, cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon and Chopped Egg Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.4
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 1073.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 21.1 g