Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's not sweet candy. It's an original presentation for appetizers. I plan on trying them for Christmas. From IGA.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use reduced-fat)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped (it's written half a package, so I'm guessing 1/4 cup, if you think it needs less (or more)
- 1⁄2 lime juice
- black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
- Shape in 24 little balls.
- Wrap each ball in a square of wax paper, twirling each end in a way to look like candies.
- Tip : keep the candies in the fridge until ready to serve, that way they will keep their shape and will be perfect!
These were very good, and so easy to make. I stuck them in the freezer for a short bit to firm up before serving. They are a bit fiddly compared to a spread, but at the same time, they are fun and different! My preschooler just loved unwrapping them! I served them with a selection of crackers. Thanks so much for posting, Boomette! Made for Holiday Tag game.