Recipe by Lambkyns
I found this in the latest (winter 2006) "Food & Drink" magazine put out by the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario). So many of their recipes are simple and so very tasty...just as this one is. I have used milk in the place of cream and it has worked out just fine. Makes a great meal with a nice green salad
Top Review by Nimita Patel
Yummy! Lox lovers will love this quiche, and the combination of brie is genius! I used 2% milk because of the other reviewer saying that it turned out greasy. I also cooked for 45 minutes. It still looked slightly runny, so if I did it again I might reduce the milk. (This is the reason for the missing star.) I used a prepared deep dish frozen pie shell, but I probably should have used a non-deep dish, because there was lots of room in the shell. I baked the pie shell using pie weights to keep it from rising, and pulled it out of the oven before the crust became golden.
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 ounces double cream brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake shell according to directions and cool.
- Whisk cream, eggs and cayenne.
- Scatter onions, cheese and salmon evenly all over bottom of pie shell.
- Carefully pour in cream mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes in the centre of 350 oven, until set and golden.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing.