Recipe by teapotter
Serve in small portions to begin a dinner or for a light brunch.
Top Review by Sharon123
I used "Gourmet" 7" pizza crust, and put the toppings on but somehow this just didn't do anything for me. The salmon overpowered the taste of the cheese. I don't know, I guess I like the tomato based pizza better. Sorry.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, approximately
- 1 lb brie cheese
- 12 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 small red onion
- to taste fresh dill sprig, for garnish
- to taste basic pizza dough
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the Brie, discard the rind and cut the cheese in small pieces.
- Slice the onion very thinly and quarter the slices. Separate the onion pieces.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces.
- Prepare the dough and preheat the oven as directed in the basic recipe. Shape the pizza dough.
- Divide the dough and roll into small pies, about 3 to 4 inches in diameter. Prick dough all over with the tines of a fork, then brush with olive oil.
- Transfer the pie to the preheated baking surface and bake until the crust just begins to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with the cheese, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges.
- Arrange the salmon and onion on top and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Return to the oven and bake until the crust is golden brown and puffy, the cheese begins to melt and the salmon is heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to a cutting tray or board and lightly brush the crust with olive oil.
- Garnish with the dill.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- Recipe found on the Chatelaine recipe forum site. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -