Recipe by I'mPat
This recipe is from James Reeson of Alive and Cooking show Australia. I found it to be a delightful, light and delicious lunch, I only made a half recipe which calls for mountain bread which is a square flat bread which measures about 11" x 11". You can make this ahead as an appertizer serving in bite size pieces or take for a lunch whole, I have put the serving size as 1 as being in a wrap for one person.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Lovely combo of colors, textures, and flavors. Since I had the larger Florida-style avocado which is creamier, I skipped the mayo. This addicting avocado-dill-mustard spread would also make a good salad dressing. Love these and will make again!
- 1 piece flat bread (see intro mountain bread)
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon american mustard (I used Dijon mustard)
- 1 carrot (small shredded)
- 4 lettuce leaves (large)
- lemon juice (just a squeeze)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the avocado, dill, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice until all combined.
- Lay down 1 piece of mountain bread and smear with the avocado mixture, then top with the smoked salmon and shredded carrot and top off with the lettuce and then roll up the mountain bread nice and tight, wrap firmly with cling wrap and place in the fridge (overnight is great), cut into slices and serve.