1/4 Photos of Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
1 hr 20 mins
An easy pat-in-the-pan crust makes quiche making a snap!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (3 1/2-4 1/2 ounce) package smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded havarti cheese (4 ounces) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Heat oven to 425°F Mix flour, sugar and onion salt in medium bowl. Beat oil and milk in measuring cup with fork until creamy. Pour oil mixture over flour mixture; stir until dough forms.
- 2Pat dough on bottom and side of ungreased pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches, or quiche dish, 9x1 1/2 inches. Sprinkle salmon over crust. Cut off bottom one-third of each asparagus spear; reserve top spear portions. Chop asparagus ends; sprinkle over salmon. Sprinkle cheese evenly over asparagus.
- 3Beat eggs, whipping cream, dill weed, salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk. Slowly pour egg mixture over quiche ingredients. Arrange reserved asparagus in spoke fashion on top of quiche.
- 4Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F Bake 40 to 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of aluminum foil after 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.6
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.0 mg
- Sodium 389.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: