Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Gourmet Magazine. I cannot wait to try this! What an impressive appetizer or light dinner!
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted lightly and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- white pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- white and black sesame seed, toasted for garnish (optional)
- 12 ounces smoked salmon, sliced paper thin
- 1 bunch chives (optional)
- For Asian Cucumber Salad:.
- In a bowl toss cucumber julienne with remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- To make rolls:.
- Trim the smoked salmon slices to form about 40 strips approximately 2x4-inches each.
- Lay a bundle of cucumber strips (shake off excess dressing) at one end and roll up securely.
- Place seam side down on a tray, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- **I think I will try to tie these up with a stem of chive -- ?
AnnieLynne, This was delicious. Mine was a little messy, though. I had to drain the cucumbers before rolling them in the smoked salmon. I highly recommend this appetizer to anyone, anytime! Made and reviewed for Fall PAC 2009.