Recipe by Chef Stephen McChesney
One of my most unique recipes, any salmon lover will drool over this one :)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon
- 1⁄2 lb smoked oysters
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch watercress
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the chopped bacon bits until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the salmon thinly and roll into tight fingers. Arrange the salmon and oysters attractively on a bronze serving platter (or platter of your choice). In a blender or food processor, beat the egg yolks and water.
- With the machine running on low speed, gradually add the vegetable oil and lemon juice, beating until smooth and creamy. Blanch the watercress in boiling water for a few seconds, then, drop into blender with creamed mixture. Puree until very, very smooth. Pour the watercress cream into a bowl.
- To eat, dip a salmon roll or oyster first into the watercress cream, then into the bacon bits.