Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My sister in Alaska gave me this recipe. They know how to smoke salmon up there. The prep time does not include the soak and overnight refrigerator time. The amount of salmon fillets is an estimate. You are good as long as the marinate covers the salmon. My sister uses an electric Little Chief Smoker and I use a charcoal smoker. I believe hers turns out better. Times are for her smoker. Serving size is a guess also.
- Cut fillets into 1 inch wide strips.
- Prepare brine solution and place in a non-metallic container.
- Add salmon strips to brine and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Rinse fish in cold water and refrigerate overnight to dry.
- Spray smoker racks with cooking spray (PAM). Fasten foil under racks to prevent dripping.
- Place salmon on racks leaving room between strips. Smoke for 4 to 5 hours rotating racks top to bottom half way through the process.
My DH made this and it got rave reviews from the family!
We loved our salmon. What a great flavor!