2 hrs 45 mins
One of my husband's favorite things to cook is smoked salmon. This is our favorite, it is a very moist smoked salmon. Start soaking the wood chips while the salmon brines. Plan ahead by 2 hours. My kids love this, go figure!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water, salt, sugar, dill, and soy sauce in a large bowl, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve. Pour salt mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add ice and salmon; seal. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2Soak the wood chips in water for 1 hour. Drain well.
- 3Prepare the grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium and leaving one side with no heat. Place half of wood chips on hot coals.
- 4Remove salmon from bag and discard brine. Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Place salmon, skin side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over unheated side. Close lid and grill 10 minutes.
- 5Place remaining wood chips on hot coals, close lid, and grill 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, (usually takes more like 30 for us).
- 6Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 14552.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 35.6 g