Tiger Jeff's Note:
A different type of smoked and slow cooked pork that really gives an unexpected twist to those that expect traditional bbq flavor. Your guests will impressed....especially when you tell them how easy it is to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -9 lbs boston butt (bone in)
- 1 cup favorite your favorite barbecue rub
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) bottle raspberry chipotle sauce or 1 (10 -12 ounce) bottle glaze
- 1THE NIGHT BEFORE -- OR A FEW DAYS AHEAD --
- 2Mix kosher salt with dry rub (if your dry rub already has salt in it, omit this step).
- 3Rub roast generously on all sides with rub mixture.
- 4Tightly wrap seasoned roast in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for 24-48 hours.
- 5The morning that you plan to cook --
- 6Let roast stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- 7COOKING THE ROAST.
- 8Use apple wood chips or Adler wood chips that have been soaked in water for approx 20 minutes to provide a good smoke for the roast.
- 9Smoke on indirect heat for approx one hour.
- 10Remove roast from grill/smoker and wrap in double wrap in foil fat side up and place in dish or roasting pan at least 3 inches deep.
- 11Continue cooking roast in a 225-240 degree oven for 7 to 9 hours or until bone pulls out with ease.
- 12Open the foil and drain most but not all of the juice.
- 13Remove the top layer of fat from the roast.
- 14Using large forks, break the roast apart (similar to shredding).
- 15Pour chipotle sauce over roast and work sauce into meat ( be sure to leave a nice layer of sauce on top).
- 16Increase oven to 300 degrees.
- 17Keeping foil rolled back, return glazed roast to oven and allow roast to caramelize -- 30-45 minutes.
- 18Remove roast from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Raspberry Chipotle Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.6
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 7447.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry chipotle sauce