6 hrs 35 mins
My husband makes this using our smoker. It produces the most excellent prime rib I have ever tasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak wood chips in a container of water for 1 hour.
- 2In a small bowl, add the garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme; stir to combine.
- 3Rub this mixture evenly over the beef roast.
- 4In a bowl, add the red wine, red wine vinegar, and olive oil; stir to mix and set aside.
- 5Prepare a charcoal fire in a smoker; let burn for 15-20 minutes.
- 6Drain the hickory wood chips.
- 7Place the chips on the coals.
- 8Place the water pan in the smoker; add water to just below the fill line.
- 9Put the beef roast in the center of the lower food rack.
- 10Slowly pour the wine mixture over the beef roast.
- 11Cook the roast, covered, for 6 hours or until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees (medium-rare).
- 12Add more water to depth of fill line if necessary.
- 13Remove roast from smoker and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 702.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: