Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from my Oregon Jr. League cookbook. This sounds amazing. The recipe as written serves 8 to 10, either for a dinner party or enough for a leftovers dinner or two. It sounds like it can easily be reduced. Note: Jelly needs 2 hours to set, this time is reflected in prep time.
- 2 -3 pork tenderloin
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Sesame Pepper Jelly
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 medium red bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat indoor grill or outside barbecue. Rub tenderloins with olive oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, ginger, pepper and paprika. Place a meat thermometer in middle, place on grill and cook, basting occasionally with jelly, until temperature reaches 180 degrees. Slice and serve with remaining jelly.
- For Sesame Pepper Jelly: Soften gelatin in water until dissolved. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add peppers and vinegar and bring back to a boil. Turn off heat. Add sesame seeds and let mixture cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours, until mixture sets.