1/2 Photos of Smoked Pork Tenderloin With Green Peppercorn Sauce
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
This recipe uses a stovetop smoker with 1 1/2 tablespoons of hickory wood chips. NOTE on cooking times: Place the smoker on the stovetop with the lid slightly open. When the first hint of smoke appears, close the lid and start cooking time. FYI: The temperature inside the smoker is about the same as a 375 F oven. Smoke time is an estimate due to the differing stovetops. Ceramic tops must add 20% cook time, for example. Assure your smoker is sealed properly and increase time appropriately, but refrain from raising the temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREPARE THE SMOKER: Place the wood chips in a small pile in the center of the smoker base. Place the drip tray on top of the wood chips inside the smoker base. Use non-stick spray or foil for easier cleanup.
- 2Place the wire rack on top of the drip tray, then arrange the food to be hot-smoked on the wire rack. You can spray the wire rack for cleanup ease as well.
- 3Slide the lid closed and place the entire unit on the heat source (single burner). Medium-high settings yield the best results.
- 4SMOKIN’! Trim tenderloins of all fat. Rub with olive oil and thyme. Smoke on medium high for 25 minutes. Do not overcook! Let stand for 10 minutes and serve with sauce.
- 5Make sauce by combining egg yolk, lemon juice, Dijon and salt in blender or food processor . While mixing, add olive oil and the cream in a steady stream until smooth. Add peppercorns and pulse 1 or 2 times only. Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve sauce at room temperature with smoked pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Pork Tenderloin With Green Peppercorn Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.6
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 234.2 mg
- Sodium 507.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: