MadCity Dale's Note:
2nd attempt at smoking, tried with precooked ham with this rub. Shrunk to 2/3 Of volume before and got real tough....doing Ham need to do "low and slow"! 3rd attempt 05/31/2014.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1BRINING; add salt and sugar to 1/2 gallon glass jar, mix thoroughly.
- 2Add meat to brine mixture, put jar into refrigerator to soak 2 to 4 hours.
- 3Preheat smoker to max degrees then drop temp to 200F, put full water pan into smoker on top of soaked wood chips.
- 4Remove meat and thoroughly rinse and then dry on paper towels.
- 5Place roast on bottom shelf, smoke until internal temperature of roast is 185 degrees, about 3 hours (+-).
- 6Remove from smoker and double cover with tin foil and back into smoker 45 minutes.
- 7carryover cooking will take temp to 210F to 220F degrees.
- 8In a real hurry, kick the heat up to 350 degrees in an oven unti shreds easy.
Browse Our Top Midwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Midwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Pork Shoulder-Electric Smoker
Serving Size: 1 (880 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 915.3
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 241.5 mg
- Sodium 14389.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 58.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: