Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Show: Paula's Home Cooking, Paula Deen
Make and share this Smoked Pork Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pork rib racks
House Seasoning recipe follows
Jerrys Basting Sauce recipe follows
Favorite BBQ sauce if desired
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
Jerrys Basting Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 -4 dashes salt
- seasoned pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 cups water
- in a medium saucepan mix all ingredients and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Use this sauce to br ribs or chicken, to keep moist
- Prepare smoker to 250 degrees F. I use charcoal and wood chips such as hickory.
- Remove membrane from ribs if desired. Rub thoroughly with House Seasoning. Place ribs on smoker grate and cover. Slow smoke ribs for 2 to 3 hours. Every 15 minutes brush ribs with vinegar solution. We serve our ribs without sauce. If you like sauce cooked on, brush ribs with sauce about 15 minutes before they are done, turning often, watching carefully that the sauce does not burn. Ribs are done when they are tender enough to easily pull from the bones. If you're not a sauce eater, remove ribs, cut and serve with BBQ sauce on the side.