1 hr 10 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Oven or crock pot recipe. Layer all the ingredients and let the heat do the work. Needs no other seasoning except pepper to taste at the table. The apple juice offsets the saltiness of the sauerkraut and cooks into the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large roaster or crockpot, layer pork chops or ham, sliced potatoes, sauerkraut, and apple juice.
- 2Preheat oven 375° or crockpot low heat.
- 3Cover and cook in oven for 1 hour.
- 4Cover and cook crockpot for six hours.
- 5Note: If you have smoked pork chops, no other seasoning is needed except the bay leaf and pepper. If the pork is not smoked you can add a few drops of liquid smoke and the thyme and also crushed or minced garlic. Potatoes tend to "grab" the garlic flavor so add towards the end of the cooking period.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Pork/Ham With Sauerkraut, Potatoes & Apple Juice
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 495.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked pork chops