Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this no fuss dinner. It is perfect for those cold days of Autumn. I like to add a layer of apples on top of the chops before covering them with the second layer of potatoes & Kraut.
- 2 smoked pork chops
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sauerkraut, well drained
- 3 tablespoons sweet Russian mustard (any sweet dark mustard will do)
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix the potatoes and the kraut.
- Place half the sauerkraut/potato mixture in a Pyrex pie plate.
- Spread 1 1/2 tbsp of mustard over the sauerkraut.
- Place the chops on the sauerkraut.
- Spread remaining mustard on the chops.
- Cover with remaining sauerkraut/potato mixture.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Put the pat of butter on top.
- Seal with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- I like uncover the chops for the last 15 minutes or so to lightly brown the potato topping.
This is a winner!! I added the apples as you did and it was delicious! :)
Easy and delicious! A keeper, whole family loved it,thanks!
I really enjoyed this recipes. I had a hard time finding Russian Mustard but found some Sweet/Spicey Bavarian mustard that worked well. There is enough potatoes for three, so add another chop