Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great grilling recipe.
- 2 cups oak chips or 2 cups pecan wood chips
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pork loin or 4 rib chops, cut 1-1/4 inches thick
- At least 1 hour before grilling soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Drain before using.
- For rub: In a small bowl, stir together dry mustard, paprika, basil, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle the rub evenly over chops; rub in with your fingers.
- Prepare grill and wood chips for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above drip pan. Place chops on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 35 to 40 minutes or until the juices run clear.