Recipe by ang_can_cook
This recipe came out of Maya Angelous' Hallelujah! the welcome table. I love pork chops and am always looking for new ways to prepare them.This one sounds promising.
Top Review by Aspiring Chef Rita
This was very good and will make it again - but I just don't understand all the cooking time. This pork has already been smoked so it does not need such lengthy cooking time. Forget simmering it. Just put it in the oven, put the fruit mixture on top and bake it as directed. Even that is a long time - 30 minutes would be enough. Thanks submitter.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 large smoked pork chops
- 1 quart hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drain
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put oil and the pork chops in a large deep skillet.
- Pour the hot water over chops.
- Simmer for 20 minutes,turning chops twice.
- Remove chops from pan,discard water.
- Pat chops dry.
- Saute apples in butter till tender.
- Add pineapple,brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook till liquid evaporates.
- Place chops in a baking dish,cover with fruit mixture.
- Pour remaining water into bottom of pan.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for another 20 minutes.