Recipe by Bergy
This is a throw together, pop in oven & 45 minutes later it's dinner time. I had some left over apple sauce, potatoes and a chop so I created this recipe - it was very tasty so I thought I would share the recipe. I have made this recipe for one serving but increase as many times as you wish. Add more potato if you wish.Could be cooked on the BBQ too
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups wine-cured sauerkraut, drained & squeezed
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain hot mustard
- 1 medium potato, cooked, sliced
- 1 smoked pork chop
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a piece of foil in a baking dish large enough to hold the chop and other ingredients. The foil must be large enough to seal over the top of the chop
- Place half the apple sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Add half of the sauerkraut.
- Add half the potato slices.
- Season with pepper.
- Coat one side of the chop with half the mustard and lay it, mustard side down on the potato slices.
- Coat the top side of the chop with remaining mustard.
- Add remaining applesauce, then kraut and top with remaining potato slices.
- Seal the foil over the top.
- Bake in 350° oven for 45 minutes.
- If you wish open the foil to brown the taters for the last 15 minutes.