1/1 Photo of Smoked Pork Chop & Sauerkraut Casserole
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
I searched 8 pages of Sauerkraut recipes and not one had smoked pork chops so I made up this recipe and - well, not bragging, but it tickled our taste buds! This is not a recipe for a true sauerkraut lovers as it is very mild re the sauerkraut. Hey you non "Kraut" lovers you may love it! Instead of tomato juice you may substitute wine, chicken stock or apple juice, This recipe would cook nicely in a crock pot too I think. I would layer it the same and cook on low for 6 hours. Meal in one dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut, well squeezed
- 2 medium raw potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 cup raw carrot, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 thick smoked pork chops (11/2-inch) or 2 thick pork chops
- 2 tablespoons sweet Russian mustard or 2 tablespoons other european sweet mustard
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a 1 quart size casserole put the kraut on the bottom, then the potato slices, next the carrots, tomato & onions. Pour in the tomato juice.
- 3Place the chop(s) on top.
- 4Spread the mustard on the chop(s) and cover with the applesauce.
- 5Cover tightly and bake in 325°F oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- 6Enjoy I hope.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Pork Chop & Sauerkraut Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (742 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.4
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 916.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet Russian mustard