Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 hrs
- 5 -6 lbs pork butt, trimmed (5 to 6 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon maple pepper (or lemon pepper)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried summer savory
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple brandy
- Mix dried ingredients into a rub. Rub into trimmed pork butt. Cover & marinate in the refrigerator over night, or 1 hours and let sit 30 minute @ room temp before cooking.
- Place pork on a smoker grill rack over a water pan w/ apples and orange slices. With the lid down smoke over med. Coals turning every hours 6 to 8 hours Until it wiggles. After 3 hr’s, baste with apple juice and apple brandy mixture once a hours also turning the meat.
- Let meat sit covered 20 to 30 minute before serving.