8 hrs 5 mins
Hearty, tasty meal-in-a-pot. Great dish to make on a cold winter day. You can add quartered potatoes to it for a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless smoked pork shoulder (also called "sweet morsel")
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1Place onion in crock pot; place pork on top.
- 2combine drained sauerkraut, tomatoes (undrained), bay leaf, caraway seed, paprika, and pepper; pour over pork.
- 3Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 8 hours.
- 4Remove bay leaf; remove pork to platter and cover to keep warm.
- 5Skim fat from surface of sauerkraut mixture.
- 6Transfer sauerkraut mixture to a large saucepan.
- 7Combine water and cornstarch; stir into sauerkraut mixture and heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 8Stir in sour cream (optional), if desired.
- 9Serve with sliced pork.
- 10NOTE: this can be cooked in the oven in an oven-proof covered casserole.
- 11Bake@ 350F 2- 2 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Pork and Sauerkraut (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1434.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked pork shoulder