Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My daughter found this on Country Living and made it for a party. Everyone loved it!
- 1 cup popcorn, uncooked
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3⁄4 cup cheese, Aged Gouda finely grated
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large pot, pop the popcorn in 4 T vegetable oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Transfer popcorn to a large bag and toss with seasonings.
Used a smoked Gouda, and more than was called for, which was super in it. I also used more smoked paprika and it was really good with it too. I think if a little melted butter was tossed in first, everything would stick better (the cheese kind of all sank to the bottom, so a spoon was needed to eat this). This had a good flavor, so I think with a little tweaking this recipe could be 5 stars.