Salmon poaches in a foil wine boat and taking on the smokey flavor of wood chips in the barbecue. This is a family favorite from Sunset Barbecue Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak chips in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2Wipe fish with damp paper towel. Brush fish flesh with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- 3Create a boat of heavy duty foil. Lay fish in skin side up. Pour in wine, then arrange dill and mustard seeds on top.
- 4When coals are hot arrange coals for indirect heat, then drain wood chips and sprinkle over coals.
- 5Place foil boat on grill and cover. Cook until fish flakes when prodded in thickest part.
- 6Remove fish from boat with spatula and place on warm, rimmed platter.
- 7Drain wine mixture into small pan. Reduce over high heat by half. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 4 T butter. Pass the sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Poached Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.4
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 209.8 mg
- Sodium 403.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 46.6 g