Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Salmon poaches in a foil wine boat and taking on the smokey flavor of wood chips in the barbecue. This is a family favorite from Sunset Barbecue Cookbook.
- Soak chips in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wipe fish with damp paper towel. Brush fish flesh with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Create a boat of heavy duty foil. Lay fish in skin side up. Pour in wine, then arrange dill and mustard seeds on top.
- When coals are hot arrange coals for indirect heat, then drain wood chips and sprinkle over coals.
- Place foil boat on grill and cover. Cook until fish flakes when prodded in thickest part.
- Remove fish from boat with spatula and place on warm, rimmed platter.
- Drain wine mixture into small pan. Reduce over high heat by half. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 4 T butter. Pass the sauce.