1/1 Photo of Smoked Paprika Shrimp/Poblano Polenta/Red Pepper-Agave Sauce
1 hr 45 mins
This vibrantly flavored dish and its sweet smoky heat makes for a wonderful meal! I found this on the mccormickgourmet.com web site after seeing part of the recipe in Bon Appetit Magazine, June 2009 edition. Low cal and staff favorite!! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
RED PEPPER AGAVE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (we used honey) or 3 tablespoons honey (we used honey)
- 1 1/2 lbs red bell peppers, roasted (we prefer fresh-roasted) or 1 (12 -13 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained (we prefer fresh-roasted)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 quart milk
- 1 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection sicilian sea salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded manchego cheese
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh-roasted poblano chiles or 1 tablespoon chopped drained pickled jalapeno pepper
SMOKED PAPRIKA SHRIMP
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (21 to 25 count)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons mccormick gourmet collection paprika, Smoked
- 1/2 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection sicilian sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection black pepper, Coarse Grind
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1FOR THE RED PEPPER-AGAVE SAUCE:
- 2Heat oil in small skillet on medium heat.
- 3Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add agave nectar; cook and stir 1 minute or until onion starts to caramelize.
- 5Place roasted bell peppers, chicken stock, heavy cream, tomato paste and onion mixture in blender or food processor; cover.
- 6Puree until smooth.
- 7Spoon bell pepper mixture into medium saucepan.
- 8Bring to boil on medium heat.
- 9Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 10Keep warm.
- 11FOR THE POBLANO POLENTA:.
- 12Bring milk and sea salt to simmer in heavy 2-quart saucepan on medium heat; whisking constantly, add polenta in thin stream.
- 13Stirring frequently, cook 10 minute.
- 14Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 15Remove from heat & stir in butter, corn, cheese and chile until well mixed.
- 16Keep warm.
- 17FOR THE SMOKED PAPRIKA SHRIMP:.
- 18Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 19Sprinkle with smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper.
- 20Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- 21Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 22TO SERVE:.
- 23Spoon Poblano Polenta onto each plate.
- 24Drizzle Red Pepper-Agave Sauce around polenta.
- 25Arrange Smoked Paprika Shrimp on sauce.
- 26Sprinkle with green onions.
- 27*To roast the bell peppers and the Poblano chile on a gas stove-top, cook the peppers directly over a medium-high gas flame until blackened on all sides, turning with tongs. Transfer peppers and chile to a paper bag. Close bag. Let stand 15 minutes or until peppers are cool enough to handle. Peel off blackened skin. Remove tops, ribs and seeds.
- 28**To roast the bell peppers and the Poblano chile under the broiler, preheat broiler. Halve and core the peppers. Remove the tops, ribs and seeds. Place the pepper halves on a baking sheet, cut-side down. Broil 5 to 7 minutes or until the skin has blistered and blackened over the entire surface. Transfer to a paper bag. Close bag. Let stand 15 minutes or until peppers are cool enough to handle. Peel off blackened skin.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Paprika Shrimp/Poblano Polenta/Red Pepper-Agave Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.8
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 131.9 mg
- Sodium 654.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: