This vibrantly flavored dish and its sweet smoky heat makes for a wonderful meal! I found this on the mccormickgourmet.com web site after seeing part of the recipe in Bon Appetit Magazine, June 2009 edition. Low cal and staff favorite!! ;)
RED PEPPER AGAVE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (we used honey) or 3 tablespoons honey (we used honey)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red bell peppers, roasted (we prefer fresh-roasted) or 1 (12 -13 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained (we prefer fresh-roasted)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 quart milk
- 1 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection sicilian sea salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded manchego cheese
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh-roasted poblano chiles or 1 tablespoon chopped drained pickled jalapeno pepper
SMOKED PAPRIKA SHRIMP
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (21 to 25 count)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons mccormick gourmet collection paprika, Smoked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection sicilian sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection black pepper, Coarse Grind
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- FOR THE RED PEPPER-AGAVE SAUCE:
- Heat oil in small skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add agave nectar; cook and stir 1 minute or until onion starts to caramelize.
- Place roasted bell peppers, chicken stock, heavy cream, tomato paste and onion mixture in blender or food processor; cover.
- Puree until smooth.
- Spoon bell pepper mixture into medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil on medium heat.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Keep warm.
- FOR THE POBLANO POLENTA:.
- Bring milk and sea salt to simmer in heavy 2-quart saucepan on medium heat; whisking constantly, add polenta in thin stream.
- Stirring frequently, cook 10 minute.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat & stir in butter, corn, cheese and chile until well mixed.
- Keep warm.
- FOR THE SMOKED PAPRIKA SHRIMP:.
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- TO SERVE:.
- Spoon Poblano Polenta onto each plate.
- Drizzle Red Pepper-Agave Sauce around polenta.
- Arrange Smoked Paprika Shrimp on sauce.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- *To roast the bell peppers and the Poblano chile on a gas stove-top, cook the peppers directly over a medium-high gas flame until blackened on all sides, turning with tongs. Transfer peppers and chile to a paper bag. Close bag. Let stand 15 minutes or until peppers are cool enough to handle. Peel off blackened skin. Remove tops, ribs and seeds.
- **To roast the bell peppers and the Poblano chile under the broiler, preheat broiler. Halve and core the peppers. Remove the tops, ribs and seeds. Place the pepper halves on a baking sheet, cut-side down. Broil 5 to 7 minutes or until the skin has blistered and blackened over the entire surface. Transfer to a paper bag. Close bag. Let stand 15 minutes or until peppers are cool enough to handle. Peel off blackened skin.