Recipe by Ducky
This recipe is in the current Penzeys catalog. The picture looks sooooo good. We love asparagus and will have to try this when they come back into season. Try the sauce with other vegetables during the season.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (regular or reduced fat)
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in small saucepan over low heat.
- Add paprika, cumin and garlic and cook 5 minutes.
- Put mayonnaise in small bowl.
- Add the seasoned oil from saucepan, using spatula to get all of it, if necessary.
- Add lime juice and cilantro.
- Whisk to combine.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse to stop cooking but do not make cold.
- Pour some of the sauce over the asparagus and serve the rest on the side.